- Alcohol is not permitted inside the Aras na Mac Leinn, anyone caught with any will be banned from the convention.
- Akumakon and NUI, Galway have a zero tolerance drug policy, anyone caught with illegal substances will be banned from the convention and will be reported to An Garda Siochána.
- Smoking is forbidden in enclosed places of work in Ireland, the ban was introduced by the Tobacco Smoking (Prohibition) Regulations 2003.
- Airsoft weaponry is allowed under the following conditions:
- The device’s muzzle energy is less than or equal to one joule.
- Spring-loaded airsoft weaponry is not permitted.
- All loaded and carried magazines must be empty and de-gassed; and no airsoft pellets may be carried on your person.
- The weapon’s chamber must be clear.
- The weapon’s battery must be removed.
Prohibited props/ weapons:
- Real fire arms: working, replica, disabled, or otherwise.
- Anything that fires projectiles, such as BB guns, pellet guns, cap guns, paintball markers, crossbows, dart guns, blow guns, slingshots and strung bows.
- Live steel knives including swords, bayonets, daggers, switchblades, axes, shuriken and kunai.
- Blunt weapons, such as batons, clubs, paddles (including yaoi paddles) and nunchaku.
- Liquid weapons, including water pistols, water guns and water balloons.
- Explosives, including fireworks, firecrackers, sparklers, stun grenades and smoke bombs.
- Chemical weapons, including tear gas and pepper spray.
- Laser devices, including laser pointers and laser-aiming devices.
- And all other weapons prohibited in Ireland under the 1964 Firearms Act.
Anyone found in possession of a prohibited weapon will have the weapon confiscated and they will be reported to An Garda Siochána.
- We would ask everyone with podcasts, vlogs, blogs, etc. that you do not ask the guests for quotes or interviews for the duration of the convention. The guests are people who want to enjoy the convention, and we do not wish to infringe on their personal time. Time will be available for such events according to their timetables.
- In the case that you do interfere with their time, and it is brought to the attention of the con director, or the security staff, you may be asked to leave the convention or be given a formal warning.
- All requests for interviews and quotes from the guests must be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 7th 2017. The guests have a limited amount of time available for interviews over the weekend, we will do our best but unfortunately it may not be possible to accommodate everyone.
- In the event that a special panel takes place in which security calls for all electronic devices to be turned off, please do so as it is not only the wish of the convention, but of the guest as well due to the sensitivity of their panel.
- Security are running a strict policy on this matter and you will be asked to leave the panel and in some cases may be asked to leave the convention depending on the severity of the situation.
The banned equipment on this list are as follows
- Mobile phone
- Nintendo DS
- Recording Pens
- Memo Recorders
- Camera/ Video Cameras
* These are only examples and are not limited to other such recording devices
Personal Belongings Policy
- Akumakon and NUI Galway are not liable for any personal belongs lost or stolen on the campus for the duration of the convention.
- Please make sure that you know where your belongings are at all times, or that personal belongings are stored properly in the cloak room provided for all con-goers.
- In the case that something has gone missing, please report it to the security staff and they will do their utmost to try find it.
- The security director will post a list of lost and found items on the Akumakon pages after the convention. If you have not collected your item, or you haven’t made contact with the security department, it will be held in safekeeping for no more than 30 days after which the items will be donated to charity.
- Due to the sensitive nature of some of the panels that may occur, some of the panels have a age restriction, and we would like to ask all con-goers to carry a form of identification that must include a recent picture, your name and your date of birth .
- If there is any doubt that we believe your identification is not yours it will be confiscated.
Acceptable forms of ID are:
- Age Card
- Driving Licence
- All college ID’s (with a date birth printed on it).
NO ID, NO ENTRY!
In the event that you do have a minor accident (e.g. paper cut) while in the convention centre, do not fear, trained professionals are on hand to help you. We would ask that you come to the security team with any minor injuries, if they should occur, so we can provide the appropriate care for you.
If injuries are beyond the capabilities of the trained staff at the convention, you will be required to go to the Emergency Department of University College Hospital Galway in order to receive proper medical treatment.